Local police are warning Range Rover owners to be vigilant after another five Range Rovers with keyless ignition were stolen in a single evening
The following keyless car thefts took place in Alderley Edge and Wilmslow on Sunday 13th.
- The Avenue, Alderley Edge, around 18:40 (IML1221918)
- The Avenue, Alderley Edge, around 18:40 (IML1221949)
- Mopmakers Green, Wilmslow, around 21:15 (IML1222123)
- Manchester Road, Wilmslow, around 21:15 (IML1222018)
- Macclesfield Road, Alderley Edge, around 22:30 (IML1222057)
One vehicle has so far been recovered by Greater Manchester Police.
PCSO James Hails said "All of these vehicles were stolen without the need for a key, these are often referred to as keyless thefts or relay thefts, where offenders will sit in a car nearby and copy the signal of your keys to open and start the ignition of a car.
"This can be prevented by purchasing a Faraday bag or box to block the signal. These are very cheap compared to the cost of a stolen car and the issues caused by its theft."
Anyone with information is urged to call Cheshire Police on 101 quoting the incident numbers above or report it via https://www.cheshire.police.uk/ro/report/
Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously via 0800 555 111 or via https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/give-information-anonymously