Local residents are being warned to be vigilant after officers received two reports of separate incidents involving rogue traders in the Wilmslow area on Thursday, 25th March.
It's believed the workers demanded thousands of pounds for work to two driveways in the Morley Green area.
To prevent rogue traders from targeting your area, police are advising residents to:
• Always check the identity of the doorstep caller by telephoning the company they are claiming to be from. Use the telephone listed in your local phonebook or off the company website. Do not use a number the caller gives you.
• Check whether traders are members of the Local Authority Assured Trader Schemes or the Government Trust Mark Scheme.
• Discuss any work you feel needs carrying out on your property with a relative or a friend who can help you find a reputable trader.
• If you do decide to go ahead with the work always get at least three quotes before agreeing to go ahead.
• Don't agree to anything on the spot, or sign anything. Do not feel pressured into having work carried out
• Never pay cash up front and don't ever go to the bank or cashpoint with a trader
• You have 14 days to cancel any purchase of goods or services over £42 that you make in your home.
Anyone who sees suspicious activity in the area should contact Cheshire Police on 101.