Hotel guests evacuated due to faulty light fitting

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 12.16.44

Guests and staff were evacuated from a hotel on Altrincham Road just before 11pm on Friday, 30th August.

Firefighters were called to reports that a fire alarm had activated at the hotel. Crews attended the scene and conducted a thorough search of the hotel and discovered that the alarm had been activated by a faulty fluorescent light which had overheated causing a small of smoke.

The crews isolated the fitting and all guest and staff were allowed to return to the hotel. Firefighters were in attendance for around 25 minutes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Add Your Comment

Share what you think of this story. In order to post a comment click here to sign in or register to become a member (it's free and will only take one minute).