A new planning application has been submitted to convert a former chapel on Wilmslow Road, Handforth into twelve apartments.
Last year permission was granted to repair and rebuild part of The White House, which was previously used as staff accommodation for employees of the adjacent hotel and constructed around 1840, to create seven apartments.
However, another application has recently been submitted by Maydean Design, on behalf of Mr A Harrison who is in the process of purchasing the property from the previous applicant, to convert the Grade II listed building into twelve apartments. The proposal is for two 2-bedroom apartments and ten 1-bedroom apartments.
The scheme includes building a two storey rear extension, repairing and rebuilding part of chapel, replacing windows and doors and removing some listed trees. The proposal will be mainly located over two floors, but a small proportion will use the roof space to create second floor accommodation.
Plans for The White House at 180-186 Wilmslow Road, which include the provision of 14 car parking spaces, can be viewed on the Cheshire East Council website by searching for planning application 15/1865M.